Open call for submissions for inaugural Reel Indie Film Festival (Toronto, Ont., June 13, 2013)
Reel Indie Film Festival (RiFF) is seeking submissions for the debut independent film showcase. Taking place in culture-rich Toronto, RiFF will run from October 17 to 20. Filmmakers are invited to submit independent short films, music videos, feature films or documentaries that are related to music completed between January 1 and December 31, 2012. Forward all submissions to www.reelindiefilmfest.com/submissions no later than August 9, 2013.
Building upon the success of Indie Week, founder Darryl Hurs, erected RiFF to support filmmakers sharing the story of music. “To launch RiFF, we looked for a partner that is active in the indie film community, and we are very happy to announce Avi Federgreen (Federgreen Entertainment & Indiecan Entertainment) as our Executive Director. Avi brings with him great experience and knowledge in producing and distributing indie films. Avi’s Indiecan Entertainment is distributing the upcoming Sheepdogs documentary, “The Sheepdogs Have At It” which opens nationwide June 21, 2013,” says Hurs.
The focus of the festival is to showcase stories that cover the gamut of musical inspiration, whether it is the teenage dream of following in the footsteps of the Rolling Stones, becoming a worldwide phenomenon like the Beatles RiFF is seeking films that make us think, move and capture the essence of a band or a song.
“When Darryl first approached me about the idea of the Reel Indie Film Festival I was thrilled. I have been passionate about music and films since I was a kid and being able to be a part of this unique film festival that marries both music and film together…It’s a dream come true!” says Federgreen the festival’s Executive Director.
• Films must have been completed between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012
• Short Films must have a running time of no longer than 20 minutes
• Music Videos must have a running time of no longer than 5 minutes
• Feature Films must have a runtime 70 minutes or longer
• Documentary films must have a running time of 60 minutes or longer
• Films in a language other than English must be subtitled in English
• Must be related to music • Submission deadline: August 9, 2013
• Submit to www.reelindiefilmfest.com/submissions
• For more information about Reel Indie Film Festival, visit http://reelindiefilmfest.com
Natalia Toussaint Media Coordinator